You have a big decision to make: should you do this study or not? We've got you.
Some things to think about:
- Research is not proven medical treatment. But we think it could work.
- You may have many options. Or you may have few. It’s important to know what’s available to you.
- A study consent form has important information about the study. But it doesn’t take the place of your study doctor and team explaining things to you. Read it, but ask questions. Ask them again until you understand.
Some reasons people take part in research:
- To help others with the same disease or condition as themselves.
- To improve their own disease or condition.
- To advance new medical treatments.
Some reasons people do not take part in research:
- It seems complicated.
- There are a lot of risks in the study consent form.
- Uncertainty about research.
If you want to know more:
Already taking part in a study?
Give us a call when:
- You have a problem the study team couldn’t solve.
- You are concerned about your experience in the study.
- You want to be a part of IRB to review future research studies.
- You just don’t understand this whole research thing.